We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Our Accounting, Tax and Controlling departments are currently seeking interns for the summer of 2018 at our North American headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA. The following internship positions are available:
Accounting: The Accounting intern observes and works with experienced senior level staff to gain knowledge in the areas of General Accounting, Transactional Accounting, Product Costing, and External Reporting.
Tax: The Tax intern is assigned specific tax compliance responsibilities to complete including assisting the tax team with ongoing compliance needs and contributing to the completion of income, sales and use, property, and other relative business tax projects.
Controlling: The Controlling intern is primarily responsible for conducting various financial analyses in support of individual business units or business processes. Also assists with ongoing special projects requiring financial analysis support.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program.
Who you are
• Actively enrolled full-time in a Bachelor degree program pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Maintenance of an overall GPA of at least 3.30.
• Completion of your sophomore year before May 2018.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals.
• Demonstrated strong PC skills including a basic understanding of Microsoft Office products – Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
• Ability to meet specific deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Please note on the application form if you have a particular interest in one or more of the individual departments above. Otherwise, you will be considered for all of the open positions.
• This position is not eligible for relocation or housing costs.