We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Covestro Procurement group is currently seeking interns for the summer of 2018 at our North American headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA. As part of the Procurement team, you will work on projects that support the planning, analysis and procurement of many strategic materials and services which are required to maintain or improve the efficient, low cost operation of the company’s facilities.
Throughout the summer internship program at Covestro, you’ll work closely with our highly skilled and experienced Procurement professionals. In addition to the work experience, you may have the opportunity to visit a plant and/or warehouse to give you greater insight and a first-hand look at our day-to-day operations.
You’ll contribute to ongoing projects that will help improve people’s quality of life, getting an intimate look at how Covestro identifies customer needs and keeps the flow of new and established products moving through the marketplace. The internship program will last approximately 12 weeks.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program. To be considered for an internship position you must meet the qualifications below:
Who you are
• Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with an emphasis in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Information Technology, International Business or related degree.
• Completion of Sophomore year.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals.
• Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative, effective technical solutions.
• Demonstrated PC skills and ability to work within Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Exposure to SAP through internship or coursework.
• Previous internship experience in Logistics, Procurement or Information Technology.
The internship opportunities at Covestro may lead into reoccurring internship opportunities and/or full time job opportunities based on business needs, evaluation and performance.