Your tasks and responsibilities
Covestro is a leading, global manufacturer of high-tech polymer materials that are innovative, sustainable and diverse. Our Supply Chain Center is located in Pittsburgh, PA., home to the company’s North American headquarters. The Supply Chain Center plays an essential role in bringing our materials to life—connecting the dots from product design to delivery to disposal.
As an intern, you will become a member of our supply chain team; you’ll learn the ins and outs of our manufacturing and distribution operations, including incoming orders, production schedules, outgoing shipments and more. You may be involved with managing warehouse operations, assuring compliance of our imports and exports, planning optimal transportation, analyzing customers to determine their credit risk, or evaluating processes with an eye for identifying improvements.
The internship program will begin in late May/early June of 2018, and will last approximately 12 weeks. Through our program, you will develop your analytical, problem solving and presentation skills, grow your professional network, and gain a better understanding of supply chain processes.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program. Put your passion into practice. Put your knowledge to the test. To be considered for an internship position, you must meet the qualifications below.
Who you are
• Enrollment in a Bachelor degree program with an emphasis in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or a business related field.
• Completion of Freshman year at a minimum.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals.
• Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative, effective technical solutions.
• Demonstrated PC skills and ability to work within Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Exposure to SAP through internship or coursework.
• Previous internship experiences in a supply chain or logistics function.
Based on business needs, evaluation and performance, internships at Covestro may lead to reoccurring internship or full time job opportunities.